Saturday, April 4, 2009

STEVIE: I ONLY WANT TO PLAY FOR LIVERPOOL

Paul Eaton 03 April 2009

As revealed on Liverpoolfc.tv on Friday morning, the Reds skipper has agreed the terms of a new deal which will keep him at the club until at least 2013.

And now Gerrard has revealed his excitement at the prospect of seeing out the remainder of his playing days at Anfield.

"It's a fantastic feeling to have agreed the deal," he told Liverpoolfc.tv. "This is what I wanted. I want to see out the rest of my career with Liverpool.

"I have said all along that as long as the club wanted me then I would stay at Liverpool. I've been a fan all my life and it'll be fantastic at the end of my career to look back and say I have been with Liverpool all the way through.

"The main priority is to be successful and I want to achieve success at the club I love. If we can win more trophies together then I will be really happy.

"This news has given me a boost and hopefully it will help us in our remaining games. We've got big matches to play, all of them cup finals as we have to win them all to stay in the title race and go all the way to Rome."



0 comments:

Post a Comment