Friday, May 15, 2009

SPANIARD: I WANT TO FOLLOW ARBELOA

Jimmy Rice 15 May 2009

West Brom record signing Borja Valero has told of his ambition to emulate Alvaro Arbeloa's success in English football.

The pair, who played together at Real Madrid, will put friendship aside this weekend when Liverpool and West Brom meet for a game both sides must win.

"I speak with Arbeloa every week," said Valero. "He has been a good help to me, because he knows everything in England after being here almost three years.

"He has been a big help to me and my wife during my first season in England.

"For Spanish footballers it is difficult to come here, because the football is so different. You need to play a lot of games before you can play like an English player.

"Arbeloa is in his third season and is probably having his best season. The more I play in England the more I will improve."

West Brom need three points to keep their slim hopes of survival alive, while Liverpool will still be in with a title shout if Arsenal beat Manchester United on Saturday.

Valero joked: "I told Alvaro they have no chance of winning the league and to let us have the three points so we can stay up.

"It's going to be difficult, probably one of the most difficult games of the year."

0 comments:

Post a Comment